Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kind of services do you provide?
- Bathroom Remodeling
- All Plumbing Services
- Toilet Replacement or Installation
- Water Line/Ice-Maker Line Installation
- Catch Basins & Replacement
- Storm Drains
- Commercial/Residential Pipe Repair & Replacement
- Boiler Service
- Snow Melting Systems
- Radiant Heat
- Complete Excavation
- Dishwasher Installation
- Faucet Replacement (indoors/outdoors)
- Garbage Disposal Replacement or Installation
- Laundry Pump Replacement or Installation
- Laundry Tray Replacement or Installation
- Pressure Regulator Replacement or Installation
- Faucets Service & Installation
- Fixtures & Vanities
- Garbage Disposals
- Gas Line Installations & Repairs
- Hydro-Jetting Sewer Cleaning
2. What is your service area?
We serve Rochester, Pittsford, Penfield, Webster, Greece, Gates, Spencerport, Fairport and many more!
3. Are you available for emergencies?
Yes, our services are provided around the clock 24/7.
4. Are you a licensed plumber?
Of course, license #292.
5. How often should I have my system serviced?
Depending on what system you own, getting your equipment serviced yearly or bi-yearly is recommended.
6. What is the best way to avoid clogged drains?
It is best if you do not pour fatty substances down the drain, as they can re-solidify and coat the inside of your pipes, which clogs your drains. In the shower, it is best to remove any excess hair soap scum from the drain. Installing a grate will prevent hair from fully entering the drain.
7. Are you fully insured?
8. Why do faucets leak?
Over time, the seals inside faucets can become worn and ineffective. Sometimes to fix the problem, you simply have to replace the seal. In other situations, you will have to replace the old faucet.
9. How long do water heaters last?
Typically, tankless water heaters have a life expectancy of around 20 years. Hot water tanks usually last around 10 years.
10. How can I improve the performance of my water heater?
As time passes, sediment and lime deposits can collect in water heaters, which makes your water heater less effective. The sediment creates a layer between the burner and water, and the system has to work harder to effectively heat the water. Regularly cleaning your water heater to remove this sediment will help to keep the water heater performing properly.
11. Do you offer free estimates?
This depends on the type of job that you are looking to have done. Please give us a call at 585-458-5800 to receive more information.
12. What is a "pressure balancing" shower faucet?
This type of faucet senses and compensates for changes in hot and cold water pressure and prevents the temperature in the shower from changing due to other water use. Basically, it will help maintain shower temperature while you are running the dishwasher, flushing the toilet, or using other water sources.