Bath Remodel Rochester NY
Bathroom Remodeling Rochester NY: What to Look For
Choosing to remodel a bathroom in your Rochester, NY home is a major decision. If done well, a renovated bathroom will add additional comfort and convenience to your living space and also increase the value of your home. However, a bathroom remodeling
project that is poorly done will end up costing you even more money and causing you a great deal of frustration. That is why it is essential to choose the right contractor for your Rochester bathroom remodeling
Here are some tips for choosing the right company for your Rochester bathroom remodeling project:
- Decide on a budget for the bathroom remodeling project. It is important to know what you can afford to spend on the project, especially when choosing features and amenities. While homeowners do recoup a significant portion of funds spent on bathroom renovations when they sell their home, you will not be able to recoup the entire cost of the project. Also make sure you get a best price guarantee.
- Decide on the style you want. Are you looking for something contemporary and modern, or a traditional look? Are there particular materials you have your heart set on, such as marble tile or granite for the vanity?
- Decide what features you want for your remodeled bathroom. Is it important to have heated floors, a jetted tub, or a dual vanity? You want to make sure that you know what you want for your bathroom so that you can find a contractor is experienced with installing those features.
- If you know anyone in Rochester who has recently remodeled a bathroom, ask them for a recommendation of a quality bathroom remodeling company. This is one of the best ways to find a reputable company because you will know that they do quality work. Ask if the work was completed on time and on budget. Also find out how easy the contractor was to work with and if they listened carefully to the homeowner’s requests and concerns. Also ask friends, neighbors, and colleagues if they know of any bathroom remodeling contractors that should be avoided. The more information you have, the easier it will be to narrow your search.
- Once you know what you want for your bathroom and have spoken with people you trust in the Rochester area about their experiences, read online reviews of local Rochester contractors who do bathroom remodeling. After you have done your research, make a list of at least 3 potential contractors. Then contact each one about your bathroom remodeling project and compare their rates for the same services and features.
- Be sure that you choose a contractor who is licensed and fully insured.
- Make sure the contractor you choose for your Rochester bathroom remodeling project has a great deal of experience with bathroom remodeling. Renovating is very different from new construction, so you want to make sure the contractor you choose has experience with remodeling.
- Make sure to choose a company that uses only high quality materials and provides a good bathroom remodeling plumber.
While you want to get the most for your money, don’t just look for the lowest priced bid for the job. Ultimately, it is important to look for a contractor who will take your list
of features and amenities you desire in a bathroom and combine it with their own vision to create a beautiful and comfortable oasis in your Rochester home.