Therapeutic bathtubs have multiple benefits
- Perhaps they are elderly and have difficulty stepping in and out of a normal height tub. This can be risky and unsafe, given the slippery wet floors.
- Maybe they have arthritis or other ailment that needs relief from the ability to sit and soak comfortably. Sometimes bending all the way down and getting back up with a traditional tub can cause further pain, rather than relieving it.
- A person with a physical disability that impairs them from actually being able to step over and into a regular bathtub would appreciate the benefits of a therapeutic tub.
Why can a therapeutic bathtub benefit you?
- They are built with a bench or seat
- Allows for a full body soak in a comfortable position
- Eliminates the need to lower oneself all the way to the floor for a soak
- There is a swinging door for easy access into the tub
- The door opens into the tub allowing the person room to sit down and then easily close the door comfortably
- The door seals completely to prevent leaking
- There is a conveniently located grab bar for maneuverability while adjusting to sitting and/or standing positions
Leone Plumbing installed one of these beneficial tubs for a customer in need while remodeling their entire bathroom. We also installed a grab bar and a larger vanity with mirror to create a far more functional and therapeutic bathroom experience!
Beautiful Bathroom Remodel
During the late 1980’s, whirlpool tubs with smaller showers were quite popular as a therapeutic way to relax or relieve joint and muscle pains. However, these days, people have found that they lack the time to use a whirlpool as it was intended in this fast-paced world. Additionally, with the amount of space that whirlpools take up, many feel they aren’t very practical or comfortable in most bathrooms.
A local Rochester, New York area couple decided that their master bathroom was simply no longer practical or functional. In this case, the whirlpool took up most of the space leaving a 36-inch space for a shower. They reached out to the Leone for help to design an elegant, fully functional master bath.
We were able to re-design the bathroom incorporating a large, more comfortable shower complete with bench and large recessed niche to hold plenty of product from tall to short. We were also able to incorporate a much larger vanity with two sinks and two mirrors with plenty of counter space in-between for all their needs.
Some of the work performed to reach this customers’ goals were:
- Remove existing shower and whirlpool tub
- Relocate plumbing as needed to eliminate the tub and add a walk-in shower
- Relocate toilet, vanity and drain for shower to accommodate new layout
- Install one GFI outlet for vanity
- Build custom walk-in shower
- Install new vanities – one dual sink with double mirrors for the couple, one sinkless vanity to be used as the make-up area
- All new tiling, flooring, and paint throughout
- An additional cabinet for linen and make up storage
By the time the work was completed, the customers now had an extremely functional master bath! As a bonus, we were even able to incorporate a matching free-standing linen cabinet for additional storage. Together with the espresso finish and brushed nickel for all the matching pieces, this fully functional bathroom became a work of art!
no images were found
Dual Tanks & Tankless Water Heater Systems
Why would someone install a dual water heater system in their home? A couple of reasons! A common one is that it’s a large family household and multiple people are using hot water for various reasons and in large amounts, such as multiple showers and bathrooms. Another is that they have a whirlpool bathtub that requires many gallons of water. Most whirlpools start at 65-gallons while most houses only have a standard 40-gallon tank installed. One solution is to have a 2nd 40 or 50-gallon tank installed alongside the first.
Leone Plumbing has installed these for their customers using a custom built manifold system to link the two together. This has a few benefits.
- There are 4 separate shut offs to isolate either of the water heaters in case one breaks down or starts leaking, giving the homeowner time to call their service provider to make necessary repairs or replacement
- If one breaks down, the homeowner will still have hot water by simple turning off the quick shut off valve we install on each tank
- If the family size is reduced, then homeowner can simply turn off one of the water heaters and operate off the other
- At Peak demand, the homeowner will have 80 to 100 gallons of water (doubling the amount of which one can provide)
On-Demand Water Heater Systems provide a different solution for families with the same issues as those that might consider dual water heaters. However, some additional reasons to choose an On-Demand are:
- To provide hot water to a hot tub or bathroom located outside the home so the hot water provided inside will not be reduced
- To boost dishwashers and/or washing machines
- To provide additional support for solar water heating systems
- Higher efficiency than standard water heater tanks over the lifetime of the unit
The main difference between the On-Demand and Dual Tank systems is that the On-Demand does not have a storage tank that holds the hot water. Instead, cold water runs through the pipes and is heated up, as needed, by either a gas burner or electric elements. This provides an endless supply of hot water for the household.
Complete Bathroom Remodel
Every member of the Leone Team strives to ensure that each customer feels like they are an active member in the remodel projects we handle for them. We encourage them to choose their own styles, colors, and materials so that we can ensure they will be satisfied with the work performed.
After living in her home for many years, our customer decided that it was time for a change. Her bathroom was of a typical style with a tub, sink with mirror, and toilet. All of which was rather outdated, and she desired a more comfortable and modern look for her bathroom.
To achieve this, she hired Leone Plumbing to perform a complete bathroom remodel, which included the following work:
- Convert standard bath tub into a walk-in shower with all new faucets, a handheld shower spicket, and grab bars
- Installation of new subfloors, moisture resistant drywall
- Installation of tile, not only on the shower walls, but also the entire bathroom flooring
- Relocate plumbing as needed and provide electric as well as a GFI for the new vanity
- Build a corner bench within the new stand-up shower
- Installation of tile backsplash from floor to ceiling with mosaic
- Paint the entire bathroom where tile was not installed
The result of the Leone Team’s diligent work and the customer’s unique selections in colors and tiles is absolutely stunning! A vertical mosaic backsplash up the back wall of the shower really brought a touch of class to her new modernized bathroom. The vanity, with matching backsplash, provided the ultimate finishing touch to tie in all the elegance and style she had been longing for.
She was extremely satisfied once the Leone Team had finished their work, saying “I give your company a five star rating. Had a great experience remodeling bathroom from start to finish. From tearing out old bathroom (replacing tub with walk in shower) to finish, work was completed in a professional, neat, and systematic manner. I was not afraid to ask questions which were always answered.”
no images were found
Handicap/Wheelchair Accessible Bathroom Remodel
As you live in your home for an extensive period of time, you may have found that your lifestyle tends to slowly change. With this, the functionality of your home can become less and less useful. There are several things that can be done to enhance your home or bathroom’s ability to serve your lifestyle. One of those is a handicap/wheelchair accessible remodel.
What makes your bathroom handicap/wheelchair accessible?
- 36 inch doorways
- Ramps for any change of elevation
- 5 foot turning radius in bathrooms
- No thresholds to enter and exit showers
- Sinks should not be mounted more then 34 inches from finished floor
- Sink knee clearance of 27 inches from the finished floor
- Sink should be 30 inches wide
- Insulation around exposed plumbing
- 48 inch clearance from toilet to finished wall in front
- 42 inch clearance from center of toilet to sink
- 36 inch toilet compartments
- Grab bars installed between 33 and 36 inches off the floor behind and next to toilet
- Grab bars installed in shower between 33 and 36 inches off the floor
- Shower have controls between 38 and 48 inches off finished floor
- Shower head/hand held minimum 18 inches off of the side wall
Although a fully handicap accessible home can entail a large number of modifications, it does not necessarily mean that all of them need to be made to accommodate your needs. Typically, our bathroom remodel customers choose a subset of the above specifications to fit their needs.
In December, an older couple that has lived in the Rochester area for their entire lives contacted us because their powder room was not functional according to their needs anymore. The bathroom’s design created a space that lacked in wheelchair accessibility.
Some of the work done for this bathroom remodel included the following:
- A complete tear out of the existing bathroom
- Relocation of the door side to accommodate the new ramp built from the kitchen to the living room
- Relocation of a wall to accommodate the new walk-in shower
- Reversal of where the toilet and vanity were originally
- Grab bars installed on the walls next to the toilet and inside the walk-in shower
no images were found
Upon completion of the remodel, the Rochester couple provided us with feedback that they were extremely satisfied. They mentioned that they are able to make use of their bathroom in a much more convenient and practical manner.
Plumbing, Gas & Dryer Venting in Rochester
Leone Plumbing and Heating was contracted to design and install plumbing, gas, and dryer venting for a laundromat in Rochester, NY that required accommodations for 4 brand new washer and dryers.
Leone Plumbing & Heating Installs New Plumbing for Restaurant
Leone Plumbing & Heating was contracted to design and install new plumbing for a cafe bistro restaurant in the Rochester, NY area.
The project entailed finding the existing plumbing, cutting the concrete floors, excavation and installation of new plumbing and grease interceptor to accommodate the new floor plans.
no images were found
Bathroom Remodel in Rochester, NY – Before & After
See One of Our Bathroom Remodeling Jobs in Rochester, Up Close and Personal
At Leone Plumbing and Heating, we’re really proud of the work that we do. In addition, we’re pleased as punch when our customers love it, too. To help you understand the value of our services, we’ve filmed a video which includes plenty of pictures of a recent bathroom remodeling job in Rochester.
By comparing the before and after shots and tracking the progression of the project, you’ll be able to see exactly how much we have to offer! Now, let’s talk about this job and how we approached it, with a mind to getting a smooth, seamless, functional and beautiful end result!
We Listened to the Client
Before the job, we inspected the bathroom, which, as you can see from the “before” pics in the video, had quite a dated and washed-out appearance. Obviously, this bathroom featured plumbing, fixtures and flooring which were anything but sleek, stylish and modern!
The client wanted a major upgrade and we were able to recommend some fine materials and components, with a mind to giving him a very fresh look, as well as top-notch plumbing and heating systems which offer the ultimate in low-maintenance performance.
The client’s wishes are always paramount, so our second, post-inspection task as a bathroom remodeling team is just to listen. We give the customer a voice in everything. After listening to our client, we prepared suggestions which fit the client’s needs. We considered every variable here, from the aesthetic to the practical and the moved forward.
Before we begin work, we offered detailed plans to the client for his or her approval. If you hire us, you’ll find that we give you the very same consideration and that we take care to meet your needs to absolute perfection.
We serve Rochester, NY and surrounding areas and we have a fine reputation as a company. So, we do hope that you get in touch today. We can give you the same stellar results that we gave this happy customer.
Whether you want a tiled shower stall with a stone floor, as the client did, as well as an ultra-modern sink and toilet and radiant heat, or something entirely different, you’ll find that we have the right skills for the job. Our expert workmanship, knowledge of plumbing/heating systems and sense of design all play a role in our stunning results.
Let us turn your bathroom into a thing of beauty which may also increase the value of your home. Get in touch today to find out more!