Therapeutic bathtubs have multiple benefits
- Perhaps they are elderly and have difficulty stepping in and out of a normal height tub. This can be risky and unsafe, given the slippery wet floors.
- Maybe they have arthritis or other ailment that needs relief from the ability to sit and soak comfortably. Sometimes bending all the way down and getting back up with a traditional tub can cause further pain, rather than relieving it.
- A person with a physical disability that impairs them from actually being able to step over and into a regular bathtub would appreciate the benefits of a therapeutic tub.
Why can a therapeutic bathtub benefit you?
- They are built with a bench or seat
- Allows for a full body soak in a comfortable position
- Eliminates the need to lower oneself all the way to the floor for a soak
- There is a swinging door for easy access into the tub
- The door opens into the tub allowing the person room to sit down and then easily close the door comfortably
- The door seals completely to prevent leaking
- There is a conveniently located grab bar for maneuverability while adjusting to sitting and/or standing positions