During the late 1980’s, whirlpool tubs with smaller showers were quite popular as a therapeutic way to relax or relieve joint and muscle pains. However, these days, people have found that they lack the time to use a whirlpool as it was intended in this fast-paced world. Additionally, with the amount of space that whirlpools take up, many feel they aren’t very practical or comfortable in most bathrooms.
A local Rochester, New York area couple decided that their master bathroom was simply no longer practical or functional. In this case, the whirlpool took up most of the space leaving a 36-inch space for a shower. They reached out to the Leone for help to design an elegant, fully functional master bath.
We were able to re-design the bathroom incorporating a large, more comfortable shower complete with bench and large recessed niche to hold plenty of product from tall to short. We were also able to incorporate a much larger vanity with two sinks and two mirrors with plenty of counter space in-between for all their needs.
Some of the work performed to reach this customers’ goals were:
- Remove existing shower and whirlpool tub
- Relocate plumbing as needed to eliminate the tub and add a walk-in shower
- Relocate toilet, vanity and drain for shower to accommodate new layout
- Install one GFI outlet for vanity
- Build custom walk-in shower
- Install new vanities – one dual sink with double mirrors for the couple, one sinkless vanity to be used as the make-up area
- All new tiling, flooring, and paint throughout
- An additional cabinet for linen and make up storage
By the time the work was completed, the customers now had an extremely functional master bath! As a bonus, we were even able to incorporate a matching free-standing linen cabinet for additional storage. Together with the espresso finish and brushed nickel for all the matching pieces, this fully functional bathroom became a work of art!
no images were found