HVAC Rochester NY: How to Select the Right CompanyIn Rochester, NY the winters are really cold and the summers are often very hot, with temperatures sometimes nearing the one hundred degree mark. Even if the temperature is not too extreme, the high humidity in Rochester can make the summers uncomfortable for homes and businesses without a reliable heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system. Being able to control the climate in your home or business is necessary for safety, as well as comfort. When it is time to install a new HVAC system or your current system is need of repair, it is important to choose the right company for your HVAC needs. Here are some tips for choosing an HVAC company:
- Ask your friends, family, or neighbors which HVAC companies they would recommend. Getting the opinions of people you trust can help you to select the right HVAC company for you.
- Research by reading online reviews for HVAC companies in the Rochester area. Try to find a good number of reviews that will allow you to look for patterns. Any company can have one or two dissatisfied customers for some reason and still be an excellent and reputable company. However, if a company has a significant number of bad reviews, then you should probably skip it.
- Also, look for a company that has been in business for a long time. The fact that it has been open for so long indicates that it is likely to be dependable and plans to remain in business.
- Don’t consider an HVAC company that is not licensed and fully insured. Since it is normal for homeowners to be concerned about people working in their homes, a quality HVAC Rochester, NY company will also perform background checks on their technicians before hiring them to protect the safety and property of its customers. Find out what sort of screen process a company has for its technicians before you choose it for your HVAC needs.
- You also want to make sure that any HVAC company you decide to hire provides extensive training to its technicians. Proper installation is the key to performance, so it is crucial that technicians be well-trained and experienced.
- Be sure to look for a company that offers 24-hour emergency service. You do not want to stuck with a broken furnace during the bitter Rochester winter and find yourself unable to get in touch with anyone from your HVAC company to send help.
- Make sure that any HVAC company you contact is willing to visit your home or business to assess your needs before giving you a quote.
- Also check to make sure that the company you are considering is knowledgeable about energy efficient heating and cooling systems. These can pay for themselves in energy savings over time.
- Narrow your selection down to 3 potential HVAC companies and contact them for a quote. Don’t just automatically choose the one that gives you the lowest price. Look for the best value. If you go with a really cheap price from a less-experienced company you will probably end up having to pay much more to have their work repaired down the road. Plus they may fail to properly install your HVAC system, which will cause it to be less efficient and cost you more in energy costs over time.